Multiple Timeframe Analysis for Intraday Trading
In this article, I am going to discuss Multiple TimeFrame Analysis for Intraday Trading in detail. Please read our previous article where we discussed how to prepare for day trading before market open. As part of this article, we are going to discuss the following pointers in detail.
- What is multiple timeframe analysis?
- Understanding the trend with multiple timeframe analysis
- How to use multiple time frame in trading
- Advantages of multiple timeframe analysis
Multiple timeframe analysis for intraday trading
Have you ever found yourself taking a picture perfect setup on your primary timeframe chart only to see if not work and stop you out?
Traders should always understand the overall market environment and no just one time frame
Advantages of using multiple time frames that we cover include:
- Allowing the trader to get a micro view of larger time frames, which can, in turn, conﬁrm the trader’s original analysis of trade. It is like using a backup pattern and ﬁne-tuning an entry. An example would be having a pattern on a 60-minute chart and using a 5-minute chart to conﬁrm the entry.
- Risk can be managed more effectively by combining time frames. A trader can learn to move stops on smaller time frames for patterns that complete on larger time frames.
- Using multiple time frames from larger to smaller can help the trader to be aware of contrary or opposing patterns that form on smaller time frames that are against the longer-term time frame.
Let’s take day trading example
We will use 3 time frames for our decision making
- Higher Time Frame (HTF) DAILY
- Intermediate Time Frame(ITF) HOURLY
- Trading Time Frame(TTF) 5MINUTES
Higher Time Frame (HTF) DAILY
Daily time frame for market overview and stock selection
FOR STOCK selection based on
- HTF support and resistance Or SUPPLY AND DEMAND ZONE
- HTF trend channel(demand and supply line)
- HTF SENTIMENT
- HTF SOS AND HTS SOW
Let’s analyse in chart
We have taken three stock based on above three stock selection method
Intermediate Time Frame (ITF) HOURLY
In this time frame we will define the structural framework within which our trading timeframe (TTF)price action will move.
In this time frame we will
- Indemnifying trend and
- Marking the nearest supply and demand zone
Let’s analyse the above three chart in intermediate time frame in above three chart
Trading Time Frame (TTF) 5 MINUTES
We will use trading time frame(TTF) FOR
- Used for zone selection
- Used for entry ,exit and stop loss placement
How to select zone?
Marking the nearest supply and demand zone
Watch below video for better understanding
Find where we are with respect to zone
- If trend up and we are at supply zone avoids long trend, we become sellers as price at supply zone or wait for clear breakout from supply zone.
- If trend up we are at the demand zone look opportunity for long
- If we are middle of the trend ,we can go with the intermediate trend
Let’s go to trading time frame
Axis bank case study
Sunpharma case study
HDFC bank case study
Please watch the following video if you want to learn and understand Multiple Timeframe Analysis for Intraday Trading concept in a more better way.
Here, in this article, I try to explain the Multiple TimeFrame Analysis for Intraday Trading in detail. I hope you enjoy this article. Please join my Telegram Channel to learn more and clear your doubts. https://t.me/tradingwithsmartmoney.