Intraday Open High Low Strategy
In this article, I am going to discuss Intraday Open High Low Strategy in detail. Please read our previous article where we discussed VWAP Trading Strategy. As part of this article, we are going to discuss the following Open High Low Trading Strategy pointers in detail.
- Here you will learn
- Logic behind the open high low strategy
- Where it occur in the big picture
- Rules for trading OPEN HIGH LOW STRAEGY
- With live example
Intraday open high low strategy
Original name of the strategy is open deive. for buy sell perspective we called it open high and open low.
Open high= sell
Open low= buy
So open rive and open high low both same.
Logic behind the strategy
These are the directional move with strong hand participation and conviction.
Where it occur? Location
- It occurs most of the time after a sideways price action (tight price channel), or
- You can also spot it at the start of a trading session.
- From strong supply or demand zone
If open-drive occurs after a sideways price action, it indicates that either strong buyers or sellers were accumulating their positions in the sideways price action or afterward they started aggressive buying or selling activity to move the price
If at the start of a trading session. An Open-Drive is generally caused participants who have made their market decisions before the opening bell. The market opens and move aggressively in one direction. Fueled by strong smart money activity, price never returns to trade back through the opening range
Rule for sell open drive or open high strategy
- Where the action playing out?(location in big picture).Reason to take trade . best work if breakout from any sideways price action are or gap from strong supply or demand zone
- First 5 min candle(opening candle) should be big red candle
- Open = High, For easy reference 2-3 points buffer will be considered as equal not carrying much weight
- First candle open to close around lower of the candle (preferably)
- Volume must be high
- Minimum Risk: Reward(R:R)=1:2(next support area)
- Breakout entry after opening range or first candle low(for open high set up)
- Price must be below vwap for sell
Let’s do it an example
Open high strategy for entry
- Wait for the first candle to complete. should be big red candle
- Volume should be high.
- The 2nd inside candle be a doji or narrow candle
- low of second candle equal to low of 1st candle
- Declining or lower volume on 2nd candle
- 2nd candle range stays within bottom 2/3rd’s of 1st candle
- Price must be below vwap
- Stop loss above your entry candle or day high as per your risk
Lets do an example
Today I took this trade
On daily time frame price increasing with volume decreasing and closing near resistance. I clearly indicate me this move will not break the resistance.
Today price gap up to resistance. Then wait for 1st candle to complete
What first candle told me?
- A big red candle
- Open = High
- First candle open to close around lower of the candle
- Volume very high
All these indicate bearishness. So sold in next candle. As shown in below image
Please watch the complete video here for better understanding
You can find open low or open high in our scanner
You can create your above scanner here
You can also watch the complete video of this article here.
Here, in this article, I try to explain Intraday Open High Low Strategy in detail. I hope you enjoy this Open High Low Trading Strategy article. Please join my Telegram Channel to learn more and clear your doubts. https://t.me/tradingwithsmartmoney. You can also join My Facebook Group to learn more and clear your doubts.