Spring Framework Tutorials For Beginners and Professionals
Hello Everyone! Here, we are starting a new series of Spring Framework Tutorials for students, beginners, and professional Java software developers. In this Spring Framework Tutorial series, we are going to cover all the features of the Spring Framework. You will learn from the basic to advance level features of Spring Framework as you progress in this Spring Framework Tutorials.
Why Spring Framework?
- Java is introduced in 1995 and in the initial days of JAVA the famous programming is JAVA applets.
- With Java, applets industry developers assumed that java is only for gaming applications using applets.
- To come out of the industry path on java, SUN Microsystems introduced JAVA Beans.
- With Java Beans, the industry has identified adding services to the business is a problem.
- To solve problems with beans, SUN Microsystems introduced EJB (Enterprise Java Beans) technology.
- With EJB business logic and services can be added together but again there are some problems are identified with EJB. (1)
- Many files are needed to develop an application.
- EJB is a server-side technology some if any problem has occurred then we need to reload the application after modification, and then we need to restart the server. It is a time taken process and a burden on developers.
- To solve the problems of working with EJB, Rod Johnson has created Spring Framework.
- Spring Framework makes application development easy by injecting services to business logic created in ordinary java classes (POJO).
- Finally, Spring Framework is introduced as an alternate for EJB.
What is Framework?
- While developing Java projects, most of the projects contain some common functionality. If the common functionalities are coded by the developers in every project, then it will increase the burden on developers. In order to reduce the burden on developers, third-party vendors started providing frameworks.
- A framework is defined as an abstraction layer on top of the existing technologies and concept of java.
- With the help of frameworks, the burden on developers reduces because around 50% of the code of a project will be given by a framework only.
- With the help of frameworks, a project can be developed fastly, delivered to the clients as early as possible, and can be easily maintained.
- A framework will reduce the burden on developers. So today almost all java real-time projects are developing through frameworks.
- A framework is not a technology. It is a layer on top of existing technologies.
Types of Framework:
Frameworks are of 2 types
- Invasive: Invasive framework will force a developer to extend a framework or implement a framework interface while creating projects. For example, the Struts framework is invasive.
- Non-invasive: Non-invasive framework does not force developers to extend a framework class or implement a framework interface. For example, Hibernate and spring are the non-invasive frameworks
What is Spring Framework?
The Spring Framework is an open-source framework for building web applications with Java as a programming language. It is powerful and lightweight yet easy to use, and it provides support for developing Java applications easily. Spring is a lightweight framework that can be thought of as a framework of frameworks because it also offers support for various frameworks such as hibernate, struts, tapestry, and JSF.
This Spring tutorial is designed for Java programmers who need to understand the Spring framework and its application. So, we designed this Spring Framework Tutorial for students, beginners as well as professionals developers who want to learn Spring Framework from scratch or who want to enlarge their skills in Spring Framework. Here, we provide a hands-on approach to the subject with step-by-step program examples that will assist you to learn Spring Framework and put the acquired knowledge into practice.
What do we expect from you?
We will do our level best to cover all the concepts related to Spring Framework, but in the meantime, if you have any specific concept in your mind that you want us to cover, then please leave it as a comment on the comment box, and we will definitely discuss that concept(s) in this Spring Framework course.
Why We Should Learn Spring Framework?
Spring framework is a Java platform that provides comprehensive infrastructure support for developing Java enterprise applications. The Spring framework provides support for building the applications from “Plain old Java Objects” (POJOs). The spring is the most popular framework for developing enterprise java applications. The spring framework is used by millions of developers to create enterprise applications.
One of the core benefits of using the Spring framework is that it takes care of most of the low-level aspects of building the application. The Spring framework is enough mature and well established enough that it is very actively maintained and also has a thriving development community, which makes it quite up to date and properly aligned to the Java ecosystem.
The spring is an open-Source framework with layered architecture which allows developers to be selective about which of its components can be used while also providing a cohesive framework for J2EE application development.
The Spring Framework has grown over years from just being an Inversion of control container, and currently includes several modules that provide a range of services like Aspect-oriented programming, Data access, Transaction management, Model–view–controller, Authentication and authorization, Messaging, and Testing. Spring provides auto-wiring capabilities through which you can simply specify the interface type and Spring can find an actual type at runtime, provided there are no conflicts. Spring has become a popular alternative to the Enterprise JavaBean (EJB) model.
Before proceeding with this Spring Framework Course, you should have a good understanding of the Java programming language. A basic understanding of Eclipse IDE is also required because all the examples have been compiled using Eclipse IDE.
Finally, your valuable feedback is very important and means a lot to us. So, if you have a few minutes, then please let us know your thoughts and feedback on this Spring Framework course. Please join our Telegram Channel to learn more and clear your doubts on Java Advance Java and Java Frameworks. Also, join our Java Facebook Group to learn and share your thoughts on Java.