Back to: Java Tutorials For Beginners and Professionals
Most Recommended Hibernate Books for Beginners
In this article, I will provide the list of the Most Recommended Hibernate Books for Students, Beginners, and Professional Software Developers. If you want to start your carrier as a Java Developer then writing code using Hibernate might be confusing for a beginner. Books are the best friend of students as well as developers and the first mode of learning new languages, and technologies and nothing can beat books when it comes to educating. It is the reason most experienced Java Developers recommend reading books for learning Hibernate Concept.
Combining the best Hibernate books along with articles, tutorials, and videos, you will get an excellent path to learn Hibernate. Some of the books just give an overview of various Hibernate concepts, while some other Hibernate books go into the depth of each Hibernate concept.
There are hundreds and thousands of Hibernate books available on Amazon or Internet or any other e-commerce site. And as a beginner, you might be confused to choose the right book to start learning Hibernate. Here, we are giving you the list of Hibernate Books based on the experience of Learners and Professionals. If you still haven’t put together your reading list for 2021, we’re here to help with our choice of the best-recommended books for Hibernate.
1. Spring and Hibernate
The Java EE platform supports various infrastructural concerns for implementing enterprise applications but it turns out to be heavyweight, hard to control, and inconvenient during the development cycle. While Spring is a multi-tier open-source lightweight application framework that addresses most of these infrastructural concerns of enterprise applications, Hibernate is one of the efficient ORM implementations in Java which helps in the quick implementation of a reliable data access layer. This thoroughly revised second edition updates the book to Spring Framework’s latest version 3.2 M2 and the annotation style of configuring object-relational mappings in Hibernate. Covering the core concepts of Spring and Hibernate along with Spring Web MVC framework, Hibernate Query Language (HQL), implementing Hibernate, data access layer, Web tier, remoting with Spring, this book also discusses the integration of Spring with other Web frameworks. The theoretical concepts are supported by codes and program-snippets which will facilitate self-learning and developing Java enterprise applications with Spring Framework.
Buy This Book: https://amzn.to/3mVKBBr
2. Java Persistence with Hibernate
In this revised edition of Manning’s bestselling Hibernate in Action, authors Christian Bauer and Gavin King — the founder of the Hibernate project — cover Hibernate 3.2 in detail along with the EJB 3.0 and Java Persistence 1.0 standards. The book ends with detailed coverage of JBoss Seam, a revolutionary web application framework for Java EE that builds on EJB 3.0, JavaServer Faces, and Hibernate concepts.
Buy This Book: https://amzn.to/3ANvBui
3. AGILE JAVA DEVELOPMENT SPRING HIBERNATE
Agile Java Development With Spring, Hibernate, and Eclipse provides software developers, architects, technical leads, and even project managers, a fresh perspective on how to develop enterprise-class Java applications, with agility! The goals of this book are to provide a complete solution using technologies and Agile methods, recommend open source technologies where appropriate, bring simplicity back into the development and process, convey various tips and tricks, and provide alternatives for technologies covered in this book. The book is organized in a fashion, where it can be read from cover to cover or as independent chapters of specific interest.
Buy This Book: https://amzn.to/3vhFJtU
4. Hibernate, Spring & Struts Interview Questions You’ll Most Likely Be Asked
Hibernate, Spring & Struts Interview Questions You’ll Most Likely Be Asked is a perfect companion to stand ahead above the rest in today’s competitive job market. Rather than going through comprehensive, textbook-sized reference guides, this book includes only the information required immediately for a job search to build an IT career. This book puts the interviewee in the driver’s seat and helps them steer their way to impress the interviewer.
Buy This Book: https://amzn.to/3lJgQV2
5. Beginning Hibernate: For Hibernate 5
Get started with the Hibernate 5 persistence layer and gain a clear introduction to the current standard for object-relational persistence in Java. This updated edition includes the new Hibernate 5.0 framework as well as coverage of NoSQL, MongoDB, and other related technologies, ranging from applications to big data. Beginning Hibernate is ideal if you’re experienced in Java with databases (the traditional, or connected, approach), but new to open-source, lightweight Hibernate.
The book keeps its focus on Hibernate without wasting time on nonessential third-party tools, so you’ll be able to immediately start building transaction-based engines and applications. Experienced authors Joseph Ottinger with Dave Minter and Jeff Linwood provide more in-depth examples than any other book for Hibernate beginners. They present their material in a lively, example-based manner―not a dry, theoretical, hard-to-read fashion.
What You’ll Learn?
- Build enterprise Java-based transaction-type applications that access complex data with Hibernate
- Work with Hibernate 5 using a present-day build process
- Use Java 8 features with Hibernate
- Integrate into the persistence life cycle
- Map using Java’s annotations
- Search and query with the new version of Hibernate
- Integrate with MongoDB using NoSQL
- Keep track of versioned data with Hibernate Envers
Who This Book Is For?
Experienced Java developers are interested in learning how to use and apply object-relational persistence in Java and who are new to the Hibernate persistence framework.
Buy This Book: https://amzn.to/3n1ZuSu
6. Java Hibernate Cookbook
About This Book
- Learn to associate JDBC and Hibernate with object persistence
- Manage association mappings, implement basic annotations and learn to cache
- Get to grips with Hibernate fundamentals from installation to developing a business application with this step-by-step guide
Who This Book Is For?
This is the book for Java developers who now want to learn Hibernate. Good knowledge and understanding of Java are preferred to allow efficient programming of the core elements and applications; it would be helpful if readers are familiar with the basics of SQL.
What You Will Learn?
- Set up and install Hibernate on your system and explore different ways in which Hibernate can be configured
- Learn the basic concepts and fundamentals of Java Hibernate
- Define mappings without the use of XML file using Annotations
- Persist collection elements such as list, map, set, and array
- Explore the various mapping options and learn to work with Hibernate associations
- Understand advanced Hibernate concepts such as caching and inheritance
- Develop an engaging and robust real-world hibernate application based on a common business scenario
- Integrate Hibernate with other frameworks to develop robust enterprise applications
Buy This Book: https://amzn.to/2YS0AIQ
7. Spring Persistence with Hibernate
Learn how to use the core Hibernate APIs and tools as part of the Spring Framework. This book illustrates how these two frameworks can be best utilized. Other persistence solutions available in Spring are also shown including the Java Persistence API (JPA).
Spring Persistence with Hibernate, Second Edition has been updated to cover Spring Framework version 4 and Hibernate version 5. After reading and using this book, you’ll have the fundamentals to apply these persistence solutions into your own mission-critical enterprise Java applications that you build using Spring.
Persistence is an important set of techniques and technologies for accessing and using data and ensuring that data is mobile regardless of specific applications and contexts. In Java development, persistence is a key factor in the enterprise, e-commerce, and other transaction-oriented applications. Today, the agile and open-source Spring Framework is the leading out-of-the-box, open-source solution for enterprise Java developers; in it, you can find a number of Java persistence solutions.
What You’ll Learn?
- Use Spring Persistence, including using persistence tools in Spring as well as choosing the best Java persistence frameworks outside of Spring
- Take advantage of Spring Framework features such as Inversion of Control (IoC), aspect-oriented programming (AOP), and more
- Work with Spring JDBC, use declarative transactions with Spring, and reap the benefits of a lightweight persistence strategy
- Harness Hibernate and integrate it into your Spring-based enterprise Java applications for transactions, data processing, and more
- Integrate JPA for creating a well-layered persistence tier in your enterprise Java application
Who This Book Is For?
This book is ideal for developers interested in learning more about persistence framework options on the Java platform, as well as fundamental Spring concepts. Because the book covers several persistence frameworks, it is suitable for anyone interested in learning more about Spring or any of the frameworks covered. Lastly, this book covers advanced topics related to persistence architecture and design patterns and is ideal for beginning developers looking to learn more in these areas.
Buy This Book: https://amzn.to/3lNtOko
8. Hibernate: An Annotation-based Approach
Today, Hibernate is used as an Object Relational Mapping tool between Java and Relational Databases. The aim of my book is to assist the reader to learn Hibernate so that he can confidently use it while writing programs involving Java and relational databases. It begins by discussing the Object-Oriented Programming Paradigm and Relational Databases and mapping of a Java class to an RDBMS table. It elaborates on the saving and retrieval of objects, Entity types, and Value types, and embedding of a Value type inside an Entity type. It deals with how Hibernate handles a collection of objects, the concepts of Eager and Lazy Fetching as well as One-to-One, One-to-Many, and Many-to-Many associations between Entity classes. It deals with the mapping of the Inheritance feature of Java with the table structure of RDBMS and elaborates on the CRUD operations and the various states of an object in Hibernate. It introduces the Hibernate Query Language (HQL). It explains the concepts of SQL injection, Parameter binding, Named queries, Named native queries, Restrictions, and the Criteria API. Lastly, it discusses the concepts of Projections and Query by Example and the three types of caches in Hibernate.
Features of this book
- This book is written this book in a simple and easy-to-understand language.
- Every topic is illustrated with the help of sample programs.
- Questions (theory and programming problems) are present at the end of each chapter.
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming using Java language.
- Knowledge of the concept of Relational Databases and any RDBMS. It will be an added advantage if he has used the MySQL RDBMS.
Who can use this book?
Students of Computer Science or Information Technology who are pursuing their graduate studies and have done courses on Object-Oriented Programming using Java and Relational Database Systems.
Professionals from the IT industry can also use this book.
Buy This Book: https://amzn.to/3lM2y5T
9. Spring Persistence with Hibernate
Spring Persistence with Hibernate is an easy-to-follow, step-by-step, and example-rich guide to using Spring and Hibernate to build robust and effective Java applications. Furthermore, the book can be used as a reference in areas where developers need help. All the topics explained in the book are demonstrated with practical examples and uncomplicated figures. The book is primarily for Spring developers and users who want to persist using the popular Hibernate persistence framework. Java, Hibernate, JPA, Spring, and open source developers, in general, will also find the book useful.
Buy This Book: https://amzn.to/2Xl1I6U
Here, in this article, I provided the list of Most Recommended Hibernate Books for Beginners and Professional and I hope this Most Recommended Hibernate Books for Beginners and Professional article will help you with your needs and you enjoy this Most Recommended Hibernate Books for Beginners and Professional article.