Back to: LINQ Tutorial For Beginners and Professionals
LINQ Partitioning Operators in C#
In this article, I am going to give you a brief introduction to LINQ Partitioning Operators in C#. Please read our previous article before proceeding to this article where we discussed the LINQ SequenceEqual Method in C# with Examples. As part of this article, we are going to discuss the following three-pointers.
What are Partitioning Operators in LINQ?
The LINQ Partitioning Operators in C# are used to divide a sequence or you can say data source into two parts and then return one of them as output without changing the positions of the elements.
Why do we need Partitioning Operators in C#?
We need to use Partitioning operators when we want to perform the following operations.
- When you want to select the top n number of records from a data source.
- If you want to select records from a data source until a specified condition is true.
- When we want to select records from a data source except for the first n number of records.
- If we want to skip records from a data source until a specified condition is true and then select all remaining records from the data source.
- It can be used to implement pagination for a data source.
Partitioning Methods Provided by LINQ:
The following four methods are provided by LINQ to perform Partitioning Operations
In the next article, I am going to discuss the Linq Take Operator with Examples.