Back to: Spring Framework Tutorials
Most Recommended Spring Boot Books for Beginners and Professional
In this article, I will provide the list of the Most Recommended Spring Boot Books for Students, Beginners, and Professional Software Developers. If you want to start your carrier as a Spring Framework Developer then writing code using Spring Boot might be confusing for a beginner. Books are the best friend of students as well as developers and the first mode of learning new languages, and technologies and nothing can beat books when it comes to educating. It is the reason most experienced Spring Developers recommend reading books for learning Spring Boot Concept.
Combining the best Spring Boot books along with articles, tutorials, and videos, you will get an excellent path to learn Spring Boot. Some of the books just give an overview of various Spring Boot concepts, while some other JSP books go into the depth of each Spring Boot concept.
There are hundreds and thousands of Spring Boot books available on Amazon or Internet or any other e-commerce site. And as a beginner, you might be confused to choose the right book to start learning Spring Boot. Here, we are giving you the list of Spring Boot Books based on the experience of Learners and Professionals. If you still haven’t put together your reading list for 2021, we’re here to help with our choice of the best-recommended books for Spring Boot.
1. Learning Spring Boot 2.0 -: Simplify the development of lightning-fast applications based on microservices and reactive programming
Use Spring Boot to build lightning-fast apps About This Book * Get up to date with the defining characteristics of Spring Boot 2.0 in Spring Framework 5 * Learn to perform Reactive programming with Spring Boot * Learn about developer tools, AMQP messaging, Web Sockets, security, MongoDB data access, REST, and more Who This Book Is For This book is designed for both novices and experienced Spring developers. It will teach you how to override Spring Boot’s opinions and frees you from the need to define complicated configurations. What You Will Learn * Create powerful, production-grade applications and services with minimal fuss * Support multiple environments with one artifact, and add production-grade support with features * Find out how to tweak your apps through different properties * Use custom metrics to track the number of messages published and consumed * Enhance the security model of your apps * Make use of reactive programming in Spring Boot * Build anything from lightweight unit tests to fully running embedded web container integration tests In Detail Spring Boot provides a variety of features that address today’s business needs along with today’s scalable requirements. In this book, you will learn how to leverage powerful databases and Spring Boot’s state-of-the-art Web Flux framework. This practical guide will help you get up and running with all the latest features of Spring Boot, especially the new Reactor-based toolkit. The book starts off by helping you build a simple app, then shows you how to bundle and deploy it to the cloud. From here, we take you through reactive programming, showing you how to interact with controllers and templates and handle data access. Once you’re done, you can start writing unit tests, slice tests, embedded container tests, and even autoconfiguration tests. We go into detail about developer tools, AMQP messaging, Web Sockets, security, and deployment. You will learn how to secure your application using both routes and method-based rules. By the end of the book, you’ll have built a social media platform from which to apply the lessons you have learned to any problem. If you want a good understanding of building scalable applications using the core functionality of Spring Boot, this is the book for you. Style and approach This book takes a tutorial-based approach to teach you all you need to know to get up and running with the latest version of Spring Boot. Filled with examples, you will gain hands-on experience in every area that Spring tackles.
Buy This Book: https://amzn.to/2YMFCub
2. Designing Applications With Spring Boot 2.2 And React Js: Step-By-Step Guide To Design And Develop Intuitive Full Stack Web Applications
Reading books is a kind of enjoyment. Reading books is a good habit. We bring you different kinds of books. You can carry this book where ever you want. It is easy to carry. It can be an ideal gift to yourself and to your loved ones. Care instruction keeps away from fire.
Buy This Book: https://amzn.to/3iYD5UW
3. Spring Boot Primer (Second Edition): [Hands-On] Learn spring boot from the basics
An introduction to Spring Boot so you won’t regret it if you have this book in your hands, you may have plans to develop with Spring(Spring Boot) in the future. Everyone feels anxiety and fear when trying something for the first time. (At the same time, you may feel excited). But that’s a good thing. Because we strive to drown out the anxiety. Whatever the reason, trying new things leads to growth. The more unknown it is, the greater the degree of growth. Therefore, for you who have taken that step, growth is waiting for you. When I started learning about Spring, I bought a number of Spring-related books (because I was afraid). But I didn’t have a satisfying book. With the intention of changing that situation, we published the first edition of this book in 2018. Since Spring is also evolving, I have published the second edition. In this book, you will use Spring to create one web application. Start by learning from the basics of Spring and gradually complete your application. By doing this, you will be able to acquire not only Spring but also the knowledge necessary for web development. In other words, you can level up from knowing nothing about web development to being able to master Spring at once. However, this book emphasizes practice rather than theory. There are various learning methods, but actually experiencing it is one of the efficient ways to learn. This is because it is scientifically known that the output has a high retention rate of knowledge. Also, when you actually make it and execute it, your anxiety and fear will disappear, so you will gain confidence. It is better to actually move your hands to make it, but at first, it is okay to just read a book. Since all the sample code can be downloaded, you can create an application even from the middle
Buy This Book: https://amzn.to/3oVybvW
4. Developing Java Applications with Spring and Spring Boot
An end-to-end software development guide for the Java ecosystem using the most advanced frameworks: Spring and Spring Boot. Learn the complete workflow by building projects and solving problems. About This Book • Learn reactive programming by implementing a reactive application with Spring WebFlux • Create a robust and scalable messaging application with Spring messaging support • Get up-to-date with the defining characteristics of Spring Boot 2.0 in Spring Framework 5 • Learn about developer tools, AMQP messaging, WebSockets, security, MongoDB data access, REST, and more • This collection of effective recipes serves as guidelines for Spring Boot application development Who This Book Is For Java developers wanting to build production-grade applications using the newest popular Spring tools for a rich end-to-end application development experience. What You Will Learn • Get to know the Spring Boot and understand how it makes creating robust applications extremely simple • Understand how Spring Data helps us add persistence in MongoDB and SQL databases • Implement a WebSocket to add interactive behaviors in your applications • Create powerful, production-grade applications and services with minimal fuss • Use custom metrics to track the number of messages published and consumed • Build anything from lightweight unit tests to fully running embedded web container integration tests • Learn effective testing techniques by integrating Cucumber and Spock • Use Hashicorp Consul and Netflix Eureka for dynamic Service Discovery In Detail Spring Framework has become the most popular framework for Java development. It not only simplifies software development but also improves developer productivity. This book covers effective ways to develop robust applications in Java using Spring. The course is up made of three modules, each one having a takeaway relating to building end-to-end java applications. The first module takes the approach of learning Spring frameworks by building applications. You will learn to build APIs and integrate them with popular frameworks such as AngularJS, Spring WebFlux, and Spring Data. You will also learn to build microservices using Spring’s support for Kotlin. You will learn about the Reactive paradigm in the Spring architecture using Project Reactor. In the second module, after getting hands-on with Spring, you will learn about the most popular tool in the Spring ecosystem-Spring Boot. You will learn to build applications with Spring Boot, bundle them, and deploy them on the cloud. After learning to build applications with Spring Boot, you will be able to use various tests that are an important part of application development. We also cover the important developer tools such as AMQP messaging, WebSockets, security, and more. This will give you a good functional understanding of scalable development in the Spring ecosystem with Spring Boot. In the third and final module, you will tackle the most important challenges in Java application development with Spring Boot using practical recipes. Including recipes for testing, deployment, monitoring, and securing your applications. This module will also address the functional and technical requirements for building enterprise applications. By the end of the course, you will be comfortable with using Spring and Spring Boot to develop Java applications and will have mastered the intricacies of production-grade applications. Style and approach A simple step-by-step guide with practical examples to help you develop and deploy Spring and Spring Boot applications in the real world.
Buy This Book: https://amzn.to/3DCoSoS
5. Spring Boot 2.0 Cookbook: Configure, test, extend, deploy, and monitor your Spring Boot application both outside and inside the cloud
- This collection of effective recipes serves as guidelines for Spring Boot application development
- Get up to date with features of the latest version of Spring Boot 2.0
- Tips and tricks to improve your efficiency through the stages of software development
- Book Description
- The Spring framework provides great flexibility for Java development, which also results in tedious configuration work. Spring Boot addresses the configuration difficulties of Spring and makes it easy to create standalone, production-grade Spring-based applications.
This practical guide makes the existing development process more efficient. Spring Boot Cookbook 2.0 Second Edition smartly combines all the skills and expertise to efficiently develop, test, deploy, and monitor applications using Spring Boot on-premise and in the cloud. We start with an overview of the important Spring Boot features you will learn to create a web application for a RESTful service. Learn to fine-tune the behavior of a web application by learning about custom routes and asset paths and how to modify routing patterns. Address the requirements of a complex enterprise application and cover the creation of custom Spring Boot starters.
This book also includes examples of the new and improved facilities available to create various kinds of tests introduced in Spring Boot 1.4 and 2.0 and gain insights into Spring Boot DevTools. Explore the basics of Spring Boot Cloud modules and various Cloud starters to make applications in “Cloud Native” and take advantage of Service Discovery and Circuit Breakers.
What you will learn
- Get to know Spring Boot Starters and create custom auto-configurations
- Work with custom annotations that enable bean activation
- Use DevTools to easily develop and debug applications
- Learn the effective testing techniques by integrating Cucumber and Spock
- Observe an eternal application configuration using Consul
- Move your existing Spring Boot applications to the cloud
- Use Hashicorp Consul and Netflix Eureka for dynamic Service Discovery
- Understand the various mechanisms that Spring Boot provides to examine an application’s health
Who this book is for
This book is for Java Developers who have good knowledge and understanding of Spring and Java application development.
Buy This Book: https://amzn.to/3DA6Cwg
6. Spring Boot 2: How To Get Started and Build a Microservice
Our guides give you brief lessons on a single topic to get you started in no time. We leave the fluff out so you can focus and learn better and faster. Stop wasting hours of your life watching video courses or reading boring compendiums. Use our guide and save your precious time and be way ahead of your competitors on that next big project.
We build a real application (less than 850 lines of code though) using a standard Maven project structure together, and I will explain you the steps and libraries involved on the go. You must know Java.
You learn best by coding. The way I love learning too. And not by reading fluffy compendiums or watching 10 hours and more of videos. Sure, you can do that, but any developer following my guide will be way ahead of you before you are even halfway through that video course.
What you will build:
We build a Microservice for storing comments and providing a REST interface for interacting with the data. The sample application is modeled after a real production application to guide you through building your first Spring Boot application.
What you will learn:
- What problem does the Spring Framework actually solve
- The basics of the Spring Framework aka Core
- How to build a microservice with Spring Boot 2
- How to work with a relational database using the Spring Data JPA Framework
- How to write the REST API using Spring MVC
- How to create a service layer and integrate a legacy library using its own Spring ApplicationContext in an XML file
- How to test the application
- A simple way to secure your application
- How to use monitoring and health check out of the box with Spring Boot
- How to deploy your application
- How to navigate in the project with Maven
You must have experience with Java as we are not covering Java basics. Everything else we use is covered in the guide.
Buy This Book: https://amzn.to/3mOuRA6
7. Spring Boot: Up and Running – Building Cloud Native Java and Kotlin Applications
With over 75 million downloads per month, Spring Boot is the most widely used Java framework available. Its ease and power have revolutionized application development from monoliths to microservices. Yet Spring Boot’s simplicity can also be confounding. How do developers learn enough to be productive immediately? This practical book shows you how to use this framework to write successful mission-critical applications.
Mark Heckler from VMware, the company behind Spring, guides you through Spring Boot’s architecture and approach, covering topics such as debugging, testing, and deployment. If you want to develop cloud-native Java or Kotlin applications with Spring Boot rapidly and effectively (using reactive programming, building APIs, and creating database access of all kinds) this book is for you.
- Learn how Spring Boot simplifies cloud-native application development and deployment
- Build reactive applications and extend communication across the network boundary to create distributed systems
- Understand how Spring Boot’s architecture and approach increase developer productivity and application portability
- Deploy Spring Boot applications for production workloads rapidly and reliably
- Monitor application and system health for optimal performance and reliability
- Debug, test, and secure cloud-based applications painlessly
Buy This Book: https://amzn.to/3j0QImJ
8. Spring Boot in Action
About the Technology
The Spring Framework simplifies enterprise Java development, but it does require lots of tedious configuration work. Spring Boot radically streamlines spinning up a Spring application. You get automatic configuration and a model with established conventions for build-time and runtime dependencies. You also get a handy command-line interface you can use to write scripts in Groovy. Developers who use Spring Boot often say that they can’t imagine going back to hand configuring their applications.
About the Book
Spring Boot in Action is a developer-focused guide to writing applications using Spring Boot. In it, you’ll learn how to bypass configuration steps so you can focus on your application’s behavior. Spring expert Craig Walls uses interesting and practical examples to teach you both how to use the default settings effectively and how to override and customize Spring Boot for your unique environment. Along the way, you’ll pick up insights from Craig’s years of Spring development experience.
- Develop Spring apps more efficiently
- Minimal to no configuration
- Runtime metrics with the Actuator
- Covers Spring Boot 1.3
About the Reader
Written for readers familiar with the Spring Framework.
Buy This Book: https://amzn.to/30iwD4N
9. Spring: Microservices with Spring Boot: Build and deploy microservices with Spring Boot
- Get to know the advanced features of Spring Boot in order to develop and monitor applications
- Use Spring Cloud to deploy and manage microservices on the cloud
- Look at embedded servers and deploy a test application to a PaaS Cloud platform
- Embedded with assessments that will help you revise the concepts you have learned in this book
- Book Description
- Microservices help in decomposing applications into small services and move away from a single monolithic artifact. It helps in building systems that are scalable, flexible, and high resilient. Spring Boot helps in building REST-oriented, production-grade microservices.
This book is a quick learning guide on how to build, monitor, and deploy microservices with Spring Boot. You’ll be first familiarized with Spring Boot before delving into building microservices. You will learn how to document your microservice with the help of Spring REST docs and Swagger documentation. You will then learn how to secure your microservice with Spring Security and OAuth2. You will deploy your app using a self-contained HTTP server and also learn to monitor a microservice with the help of a Spring Boot actuator.
This book is ideal for Java developers who know the basics of Spring programming and want to build microservices with Spring Boot. This book is embedded with useful assessments that will help you revise the concepts you have learned in this book.
What you will learn
- Use Spring Initializr to create a basic spring project
- Build a basic microservice with Spring Boot
- Implement caching and exception handling
- Secure your microservice with Spring Security and OAuth2
- Deploy microservices using a self-contained HTTP server
- Monitor your microservices with Spring Boot actuator
- Learn to develop more effectively with developer tools
Who this book is for
This book is aimed at Java developers who know the basics of Spring programming and want to build microservices with Spring Boot.
Buy This Book: https://amzn.to/3AxpmKY
Here, in this article, I provided the list of Most Recommended Spring Boot Books for Beginners and Professional and I hope this Most Recommended Spring Boot Books for Beginners and Professional article will help you with your needs and you enjoy this Most Recommended Spring Boot Books for Beginners and Professional article.